Piano Shoes Designed By Alicia Keys
Stage fever or more precisely “performance anxiety” (anxiety when performing) is a common thing experienced by all pianists from various levels of piano playing. Performance anxiety is not only for pianists who will go on a big stage to play the piano.
It can also occur when we have to play the piano for other people. In short, performance anxiety occurs when we get pressure / pressure that we don’t normally experience while practicing piano at home and finally our game results are not optimal or unsatisfactory.
The general mindset is that performance anxiety can be lost with a lot of practice in front of many people. This direction is not incorrect, but only resolves one problem, which is to be more courageous to play in front of people. Are we brave and confident on the stage and can produce the best performance? This solution is too simple in overcoming performance anxiety because there are many causes of performance anxiety, including :
- Experience failure in the past, followed by a failure to achieve the desired performance.
- Perfectionists and too much reading / watching stories of successful people (including successful musicians).
- How to play the piano with inappropriate techniques.
- Mindset when practicing and performing which indirectly puts pressure on yourself.
- Not focus.
- Teachers who teach with impatience, perfectionism, always comment on mistakes, rarely praise students and ignore.you can check here infomation about Alicia Piano teacher.